When you partner with Greenway Shredding & Recycling, your business can fulfill its environmental responsibilities as well as its document security needs. The paper products collected are destroyed and then sent to paper mills to be recycled into usable product.
The benefits to the environment are numerous. According to the EPA, to make one ton of paper using recycled fiber saves the following:
- 17 trees
- 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space
- 380 gallons of oil
- 4,000 kilowatts of energy
- 7,000 gallons of water
- Saves enough energy to power the average American home for six months
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions by one metric ton of carbon equivalent
- 60 lbs. less of air pollution
Also, the cost to produce paper from paper waste is 50%-80% less than the cost of a mill using new pulp.